$1 Per order goes towards planting trees in Australia
We're excited to announce that we've partnered with Carbon Neutral, an Australian organisation dedicated to helping businesses reach carbon neutral by via their plant-a-tree reforestation program in Australia.
For every order made through House of Alchemy, we will put $1 towards planting a new tree. Bi-yearly, we will make a contribution after collating the total number of orders for that period.
We decided it was incredibly important to us to plant trees in Australia - our home country. After the ravaging 2020 bush fires that have killed countless wildlife and cleared 11 million hectares of bush, forest & parks, we felt like we needed to make a contribution to help our homeland grow back.
Carbon Neutral plants trees in biodiversity hotspots, which aims to reproduce natural ecosystems and help restore habitat for native animals.
Learn more about what they're doing below:
Trees clean our air, water & contribute to our health and well being. We are honoured to be able to integrate reforestation as a part of our business model as we strive to be a sustainable business, so thank you for shopping with us!
But wait there's more....
$1 Per order goes to a charity you pick with i=change
We are also currently partnering with i=change. Where a $1 from every sale goes towards a life-changing project you pick. You can view our current donations here: House of Alchemy i=change donations
How it works:
1. You Shop As Usual
2. Checkout & Choose Your Donation - after checking out, the i=change platform will appear and you get to choose which of the three projects we support gets our donation.
The current project we have elected to support are:
Green Office & Studio
We are a paper-free office, and as such we don't provide paper invoices, saving paper with every order. If you require an invoice, just email us and we can send you a digital copy.
Our Sustainable Packaging
We are constantly finding ways to make House of Alchemy as eco-friendly as possible, one of the biggest areas of concern in e-commerce shopping is large amounts of waste via packaging.
Our goal is to move towards 100% recycled or biodegradable packaging that doesn't harm the earth.
- We have decided to go with minimal jewellery packing, it is not made from velvet, plastic or metals but instead it is a glass jar (recyclable) and a cork top stopper (recyclable).
- Our jewellery backing is printed on ecoStar 100% recycled paper by Ball & Doggett that is carbon neutral and is manufactured from 100% post consumer recycled paper.
- Our sticker labels from Avery are created from 100% environmentally friendly recycled material and use a water-soluble eco-friendly adhesive.
- Our crystal cloth padding is kept from the supplier and 100% reused when packing and shipping your order.
- Our courier satchels are from The Better Packaging Co. which is made from corn starch and is 100% biodegradable so you can pop it in your home compost or worm farm.
- We recycle all cardboard shipping boxes and reuse bubble wrap from our suppliers. If we run out of bubble wrap, we use this 100% biodegradable bubble wrap to protect your order.
What we're working on:
- Currently our only plastic packaging is a small amount of tape to weather seal certain packages. We are going through the remainder of our current tape supplies and will aim to switch to a more sustainable option after it has finished.
If you have any other ideas of how we could be a more sustainable business, please do let us know!